Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Hong Kong - A journey out but the hotel beckons...

Well I hoping for some good luck with the last day in Hong Kong. I definitely felt I was on the mend and ready to eat proper food.

We had some clothes tailored whilst here and today was collection day. We were all pretty happy with the results and I was especially chuffed at the jacket I got cloned. The actual shopfront looked dodgy dodgy dodgy but hey, the customer service was good, the boss spoke fluent English and they delivered a decent product. If you want cheap, fast tailored clothing, try Pacific Fashions.

Our final meal in HK was at Sergeant Chicken Rice in the Food Republic hall within the Silvercord building. Yeah, ok so chicken rice isn't HK cuisine but we've eaten here before and it was decent. Also, I considered the dish a small (safe) step up from the congee I'd been consuming.

But no... no, no, no.. ... my stomach just wasn't ready. It was another run back to the hotel, painful cramping all the way. A bit of sobbing occurred in the bathroom *woe is me*, followed by a few exasperated "I don't want to get on the plane" cries. Oh if only those tiled walls could talk. How pitiful I was.

Well I had about 30 minutes to feel ok before making our journey to the airport for the 8 hour flight home. All I can say is - my stomach likes me when I need her most (so far). Now.... just waiting to board.... *winces*

No comments: