Saturday, May 31, 2008

Cambridge

Having nerdy friends certainly helps at times. Having a nerdy friend who teaches at Cambridge is especially helpful when you need cheap tourist options. Helloooo college accommodation. Wow, it's been a while since I've been in a university dorm, but it seems as though it doesn't matter where you are in the world, all dorms have that same, musty feel. Ahh who cares when you're only staying for one night and it's free!

Typically English, drenched in history, grand architecture, picturesque countryside - here are a few snaps of the town:

Nah, I didn't go punting. Though if anyone does, it's recommended that you have one of the many uni students give you a tour.


Newton's mathematical bridge. Cool! I was disappointed to find out that Newton had nothing to do with it and that it does have bolts. But I'll still call it Newton's bridge anyway.


The famous Kings College. Famous for.. I don't know what. All I know is that there is some sort of hierarchy and only certain people are allowed to walk on the grass!


Some bridge. I thought it was purdy.

I supposed I should visit Oxford too. Maybe.. one day. They have Harry Potter's dinner hall!

No comments: