Monday, May 07, 2007

Vienna - Day 3 ... More food!

Our final day in Vienna began with a pose at the Danube Canal.


A re-visit to the Stephansdom allowed us some time to have a look indoors.

Outdoors first.


And now we're inside.

Vienna doesn't really have a Walk of Fame but the closest thing to it includes classical composers who resided or performed in Vienna. I could have taken more photos, but really, it's just boring to see a composer's name on a star.

So here's just one - Johann Strauss Snr.


Figarohaus, 5 Domgasse, where Mozart composed The Marriage of Figaro.

It was 'hungry time' again.

Trying to snap each other with the Wiener.


I've got it all under control.


Smee battling with his lunch.


Viennese hot dog stands win over McDonald's any day.

We decided to skip the Belvedere Palace, choosing to visit the Naschmarkt instead. This is a great place for produce and cheap eats. By now, we were full from the wieners but that didn't stop us from eating more!

Cured meats. More specially, Pancetta Lardo. That's right, pancetta made entirely of LARD. Gross.


Vienna = Doggie friendly city. The bag that the man is carrying is actually just a doggie bed.


Snake fruit. I've seen many tropical fruits but not this one.


It really does look like a snake. Creepy.


Not so snake-like inside.

Me and an interesting pipe. Smut free? Not Smee!



The boulevard of eateries. Nice, nice, where all the locals go.

Smee and I passed two locals eating a yummy looking crepe, Palatschinken. They happily showed us what was inside which sold us on the idea of sitting down and eating despite not being terribly hungry. If I ever return to Vienna, I will sooooo go back and eat here again.

Yep, we took a photo of the menu.

Our appetites were whet with Almdudler and a Becks

Smee pouring his own Becks.

Mmmm, spinach, cheese and ham for Smee.


Always with a sweet tooth, I opted for the Topfen (curd cheese) and vanilla sauce. Awesome!
Inching my way through.....

Finished!!!

Not so happy now are we? I ate far too much :(


Oh look! I found a Pho store! The only one we saw.

Afterwards, Smee and I made our way towards the airport. Holiday over.

No comments: