Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Ouchies on the Beach

I've spent three weeks here on the Gold Coast and I thought it was about damn time that I got to the frigging beach. Well I did have a perfectly good excuse for not going in the first two weeks - it had rained nearly every day! I had anticipated humid, wanna-sit-on-the-beach-reading books-sipping-ice-tea kind of weather, but I was cruelly given the cold end of the weather stick.

Anyway happy to embrace my sunny day off, I trotted about 50 metres from the apartment to the coastline. There was another reason to head down to the sand - I wanted to exfoliate my feet!


The gold coast high rise coastline.

My footprint tracks in the sand. Mmmmm good exfoliation.

Is that a condom in the sand? No! It's a jellyfish.


I made sure that my feet rubbed into the sand thoroughly. My duck-like foot prints.

As I was leaving the beach happy with my exfoliation, I stepped onto a small shell. OW! It kinda hurt and the shell snapped but my foot looked okay. It wasn't until I got back that I realised that my foot was bleeding! I was going to photograph my bloodied Havaianas but decided it was a bit gross.

Oh and here's a photo depicting my downward spiral in the Gold Coast. I had to finish this bottle of wine alone, hence my consumption of about 2 glasses of wine every night for about 2 weeks. While I think I slept better, it was a bit depressing to realise that I was drinking alone.

No comments: