Wednesday, August 23, 2006

New Handbag

Yesterday, I did something unnecessary yet highly typical of me - yes, I bought another handbag. Mind you, my last purchase was a good four months ago so it's not as though I buy bags all the time. Anyway, I like to think of them as investment pieces. Many of the bags I use, most of you have seen over and over again!

I like to classify this bag as one that falls into the 'ugly chic' category. Sitting on the shelf it looks kinda yuck, but it looks ok on your shoulder. Regardless I bought this bag based on functionality. Most of my bags are of similar size and barely fit all the junk I cart around. I really needed a bag that could carry a bottle of water and an umbrella at the same time. It also fell into my budget and the leather is so soft as well! YAY! A non-impulse purchase!

I showed Bao and Leesh at dinner and I was given approval. But as if they will tell me it's ugly anyway.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since no one has provided their 'official' validation (slack b*tches)..I may as well..Frannie, the bag was definitely a worthwhile investment. When you consider the present value of the future utility you will be deriving from the use of this bag (e.g. looking fantastic, being able to carry a drink bottle umbrella, makeup, tampons, camera, laptop, GPS etc..)it is much more than the mere 249AUD you paid. Also, when you discount the price to a 'per use' rate (assuming straight line depreciation across 10 years and usage rate of 200 days per year, this comes to 12.45 cents/use- I think...obviously this is ignoring the fact that the utility you will derive over the next 10 years will probably decay at a non-contant rate..and also maintenance costs.. but oh well hehehehe)anyway..it is pretty darned obvious that you made the right decision. Congratulations = )

Pooey said...

Thanks for the comment May, but the bag cost $149, not $249!

Anonymous said...

I rest my case = p