Friday, August 04, 2006

Friday Night Drinks and French Toast!

Lymbo and I were dying to go and have a bit of a girls' night out. I dunno about her, but I was pretty desperate for a good drink too! Too bad I had to work the next day. Thus,all chances of any excessive drinking were ruined.

First stop was Privilege. A shitty underground bar, akin to the Piano Bar in Warehouse prior to the renovations that eventually became the infamous Salt. Maybe Privilege is a bit worse than that. The similarities are undeniable - dark black interior, cement floor, cheap drinks and packed-to-the-walls with asians. The only difference is that these asians are usually in business suits. Corporate or not, you can't take the RnB out of most asians.

As you descend the stairs into darkness, be prepared for the bitchy evils you encounter from other females. Girls only dress to impress other girls. Anyway, we only went there to meet up with a friend. We had a few girly drinks (lychee liqueur, cranberry juice and a squeeze of lime - try it!) and headed off.

Next stop was The Loft at King St Wharf. I quite like this bar/lounge, although the crowd is a bit so-so. It is actually a very nice place to go to on a mild, sunny Sunday afternoon as the bar overlooks the water into Darling Harbour. They have some very interesting cocktails too. A silly girl bumped into me as we collected our cocktails and I spilt some of it onto my jacket, which kinda peeved me a bit. She didnt even notice that it also spilt onto her own jacket! Serves you right, cow.

Lymbo enjoying her Napoli Iced Tea with blood orange, lemon, cointreau and some other stuff.



Me and my Rose and Orange Blossom Martini. I'm not really a martini drinker but this was yummy!

Due to our old age, we capped off a relatively early night with a trip to Chinatown's exotic Cafe De Campbell. Yeah, if I owned a Honky cafe, I'd call it that. We were served here by a 50 year old asian midget who had adorned himself with maroon dyed, helmet hair. No offence to midgets, but I couldn't think of any other noun or adjective. I've only ever eaten one thing here - french toast. It's surprisingly good!


Lymbo enjoying her french toast


Me enjoying my french toast.

No comments: