Sunday, August 27, 2006

Arrived in Gold Coast!

Well, here I am, just hours after jetting into the Gold Coast. I was fairly excited about coming here - the sunshine, the beach, the laidback feel. But my excitement died as we touched down on the tarmac. Why? Because it was grey clouds and 18 degrees. 18 degrees!?!?!?! That's how warm it was in Melbourne when I left! I was rather pissed off.

My apartment is adequate. Kinda biggish for one person but I'm not complaining. If there's one thing I hate, it's motel-style couches and that's precisely what I'm sitting on right now. Bleah. Something about them makes me consider them filthy. If I break out in a rash this week, I'll know why.

My apartment's lounge. More photos to follow once it's daylight!

On the upside, I'm directly opposite Pacific Fair where they proudly advertise in their brochure as 'home to the only Myer on the Gold Coast'. Really? There's only one here? I swear there was another one.

I arrived too late in the afternoon for the larger supermarkets to remain open so I had to eat two chicken pies for dinner. I guess I got the nutritional requirement of meat and vegies for the day? aarrgh.. I am dying for that daily morsel of fruit though.

3 comments:

starbender said...

Not a bad apartment!
...I've seen Much worse!
:]

mallymoodle said...

poosy!!! that apartment is fine, you critical dumbass! If it doesnt smell like cigarettes and isnt actually dirty (cos I know you would have complained if it was), then you're just being picky.

Motel couches, sheesh, at least you have a couch!

Pooey said...

mooey, the carpet has stains on it, so it all looks fine in the foto.
i'm so hungry :(
and it's pouring with rain :(