Monday, August 14, 2006

City2Surf

There was something peculiar about the City2Surf this year ....... I was in it! Hee hee!

I just thought I should post up some photographic evidence of me doing something remotely strenuous. There are some non-believers out there who guffawed at my announcement that I was doing a 14 kilometre trek. Such ridicule included outright laughter in my face or comments like 'Babe, it's NOT a food eating competition'. Others seemed to think that I was amazing and made the rather flattering yet ambitious assumption that I was doing a proper triathlon with a swim in the ocean. As if I could manage that with my almost-drowning swimming skills.


The crowd along College St, next to Hyde Park waiting for the starting gun.


What? I work for Deloitte? I just did it so I could get catering at the beach. I got a free cap!

I felt a bit ripped off with my cap though. I didn't even realise it was printed upside until I got home!


The crowd walking towards Kings Cross. You can kinda make out the Coca Cola sign.

Smee and I somewhere in Vaucluse I think. See the Harbour bridge? Maybe not.


Bondi Beach.

Me on the beach!


Oh no! I've grown a funny looking pimple on my neck! Smee being silly.

Ok, I just realised there aren't any photos of me doing any actual walking/running but you should all trust me here. I'm embarrassed to say that the 14 km trek did take THREE hours but that's only because we walked most of it. I guess that kinda worked out better, cos neither of us were sore at the aftermath. We did go home and sleep for two hours though.

No comments: