Friday, December 02, 2011

D.O.P Pasta

Another night, another eating mission to complete.  Tonight's dinner was at D.O.P Pasta, more officially known as Carlton Espresso and brought to you by the same peeps who own D.O.C Pizza.  Sticking to their rustic food policy and (suspiciously fake) Italian-accented only waiters, Spuey and settled into our wooden stools and waited for our pasta.  

Erm, I can't remember what my dish was but it had pancetta in it (rigatoni amatriciana??) and I paid $1 extra for rocket lettuce.  Spu had the lasagna.  Each dish was about $18. 

Um the pasta was good but nothing mind-blowing or memorable.  Spuey noted that his lasagna wasn't very oily which is a plus.  I was a bit, 'Yeah, ok' about it.  Portion size was modest and just filled our stomachs.  I guess the point is that if you've eaten any side dishes and/or entrees, you'd be full.  

So yeah, D.O.P Pasta - not stirring up the same reaction in me as their pizza counterpart.

No comments: