Thursday, September 22, 2011

D.O.C Carlton

Who doesn't like pizza?  What is wrong with you?  You probably fall into the same group of people who don't like fried chicken either.  Fried chicken is a unifying food and I believe it could be the key to world peace.  Ok, I digress.  Tonight's food hunt was at D.O.C Pizza and Mozzarella Bar and non-imaginary guests included Spuey, Yetapee, Mischka, Kahoons and Constable.  

With six guests in tow, I thought I'd do the smart thing and make a reservation.  D.O.C told us we didn't need to book and 'just turn up' which we did.... and then we waited in a queue for a table.  Nothing to whine about as we were seated within ten minutes but hey, I could have been seated ten minutes ago!  

I'm not a fan of overly doughy Pizza Hut-style pizzas because I do appreciate the thin crust.  Well here is a place where you can only get thin crust. *thumbs up*  The other great thing about D.O.C is that it is BYO and a bottle of 2006 Langmeil Three Gardens washes down pretty well with pizza.  (It had been left in the cupboard at home and was dying to be opened).  

I made sure that I maintained the Asian stereotype by preventing everyone from eating in order to photograph their food.  Here are the delights we enjoyed tonight:
 D.O.C Antipasto platter.  Such a good thing that Yetapee doesn't like cheese.  I'll happily eat your share of the smoked mozzarella ball :D

Pizza Salsiccia - sausage with creamed broccoli and mozzarella.   Pizza ... I don't know.  Pepperoni I think. 

Pizza Tiger Prawns - with endive and chilli.  Pizza Speck - with mushies. 

A few of us underestimated the power of the pizza and were surprised to be full at the end.  Nevertheless that didn't stop three of us from ordering dessert.
Sweet pizza with belgian white chocolate, ice cream and strawberries.  Sweet goats cheese tiramisu (YUM!).  Mixed gelati.  

Yep, this place is what it is.  A decent pizza joint serving rustic pizzas.  I'll be back for sure.  

2 comments:

mallymoodle said...

Oh miam, I ruv DOC.

I also ruv Langmeil wines. It would have washed the pizza down good!

mallymoodle said...

Also, never underestimate the power of pizza