Friday, September 16, 2011

Alaskan Malamute x Golden Retriever

I don't understand the high turnover of puppies at this particular pet store located within the Bogan-central shopping centre where I spend my days toiling for cash.  There are only so many bogans in the world and only so many puppies that one can properly care for.  The bogans can barely look their human selves, so how they cope with a dog completely baffles me.  To observe this pet store turning over new puppies within 2-3 weeks makes me kinda angry.  The cynic within rears it's head and I find it hard to believe that all these puppies are going to a good home and worst still, they probably never came from a good home to begin with.  

Anyway, as much it makes me angry, I also can't stop cooing when I see puppies like these.  
Awww, his/her little howl is so painful!!!  I want to scoop it up and give it a cuddle.   

Even still, who thought of cross breeding a Malamute with a Golden Retriever?  It's a little unconventional and completely stinks of backyard breeding.  I will admit the Retriever temperament would make a Malamute a more agreeable though and I also do love the Malamute fur colouring with the Retriever floppy ears.  However, I will not succumb to buying one.  I will not perpetuate this vicious cycle!!!!  *shakes fist*  Hopefully, this litter did not come from the same Retriever who gave us these puppies.  That would make me very sad indeed.  

6 comments:

SuBoo said...

OMG so so CUTE!

mallymoodle said...

They are so kyoot but yes, it is an odd combo...

Anonymous said...

Hello, the puppy "howling" in the picture is our puppy who we purchased on Saturday. He has come to a home far away from boganville and he is very much loved here :) and yes he is very adorable. Believe me when i say that bogans would not have been able to afford these puppies :)

Randi Carr said...

I have a mal x retriever... it was an accidental love fest lol. But she is the most amazing dog. She happens to have all the good qualities of both breeds and has turned into a really beautiful dog too. I would get a second one in a heartbeat, but odds are against it because as you say.. who would cross those two breeds?

Anonymous said...

Our 3yo Mal x Golden Retriever, Neil is the most gorgeous and wonderful gentle giant. We call him the Jesus Dog because he loves everybody and every animal. Every day passers by comment on his good looks, massive size and great temperament. We would have another cross like him in a heartbeat.

Anonymous said...

Could someone please let me know the name and location of this pet store?