Monday, September 19, 2011

Cupcake Central

I do wonder when the cupcake trend will die. At the moment it's still going strong. (In larger cities anyway - I haven't seen a dedicated cupcake shop in the 1950s time capsule that is Rad-City).

I had every intention of eating cupcakes today and in the midst of searching for a rival cupcake store to add to my 'eaten' list, I stumbled across Cupcake Central.  The back story was charming enough - an incidental, follow-your-dreams business borne out of a GFC job loss.  I scoured the menu, ranked the flavours I wanted most and studied the baking schedule to ensure I came in on a day when Salted Caramel cupcakes would be available.
Cute slogan - Hatch that Dream! 

Well I couldn't just buy one so I bought a box of ten.  

(1st column) Chocolate Malted Milkshake, Cookies and Cream.
(2nd column) Vanilla Vanilla, Cherry Pistachio, Red Velvet.
(3rd column) Boysenberry Cheesecake, Citrus Lemon.
(4th column) Salted caramel... three of them.

So what did I think?  They were nice and moist and a re-purchase is likely in the future.  I was pretty happy with the cake to icing ratio and the mini size also prevents cupcake overload.  I think I hyped up the salted caramel though.  I had hoped that it would reignite memories of a Parisian macaron but of course, it didn't.  It doesn't matter anyway.  As long as they cupcakes stay consistent, I'll be back! 

3 comments:

KH said...

haha I worked with Sheryl at BE

Pooey said...

I did think 'hmmm I bet she knows someone I know'

Free cupcakes for Mr. Wong then? :D

SuBoo said...

What do you expect... Asian in Melbourne in that age bracket... Lol