Saturday, April 05, 2008

The Crack

I'd been wanting to see 'The Crack' for some time. I'd totally forgotten that it was at the Tate Modern until I saw in the paper that they were gonna close up 'The Crack'. Oh no! Originally I was just gonna head out on my own, but my wanting to see this 'Crack' conjured up interest from others. Inevitably, this led to many 'Crack' jokes being hurled between us. Allow your immature mind to run free - there are endless possibilities.

Borough Market being relatively close to the Tate was the obvious choice for a quick lunch.


Is the food nice? I think it iiiiisssss!!!

After munchies, we hurried (well I did anyway) to the Tate, filled with the anticipation of seeing a crevice in the Turbine Hall. A pamphlet was presented to us upon entry.

Ooh, you'd better watch out! It's dangerous!

I was somewhat disappointed because I was expecting a hole large and deep enough to comfortably stick my legs in while seated. Any attempts to do so would have resulted in an embarrassing 'excuse-me-can-you-get-me-out-of-this-hole' situation and maybe a mention in The Times. So instead we opted for some mandatory, foolish posing.


Muwahahahahahahahahahaaaaa...


The Crack viewed from the first floor. It was actually very well 'built'... like a real crack, not a fabricated one!

Hmmm I should point out that it's not really known as the 'Crack'. Shibboleth is it's official title. I've said before I don't really 'get' modern art and this time was no different. When I realised the piece was about racial hatred, segregation etc, I guess, well yeah, I guess so.... I kinda get it. I wanted to get it, but I would be telling fibs if that's what I thought when I saw the piece. I accept, I just lack the vision required to interpret modern art.

No comments: