Thursday, April 03, 2008

Goodbye Oz, Hello Singapore Airport!

The time came to bode farewell to the Land of Drought, Good Food, a Car for Me to Drive Despite Disgusting Petrol Prices and return to the Land of Crappy Summers, Shite Food and the Tube. Ok, I wont bag the Tube because 1 minute intervals between trains is something that Australia needs to get under their belt.

I agreed to meet my "Aunty" J at the air
port as we realised we were on the same flight! Yippee, a flight buddy! Our stopover involved a 3 hour laze-about in Singapore Airport. That might sound like a long time but Jade and I were looking forward to it!!

Our biggest concern was that we were jetting in at 6am by which *gasp* the shops might not be open! Lucky for us, there is not much else to do in Singapore, hence shopping is embedded in their culture.

We managed to waste about an h
our in Charles & Keith, buying three pairs of shoes each! At £7 - £15 a pair, I had to stop myself from buying the whole store. I used to have issues with non-leather shoes but you know, some of my favourites have been from Charles & Keith and Vinnci. Who am I kidding? I love shoes!!!

The hungry, dirty hippos that we were, we also squeezed in a snack from Toast Box, a new venture from the peeps that brought BreadTalk/Top into our lives.

Thick Kaya toast. Yummo!


Mmmmm mmmm and barley tea....Look at how gross we look. Ugh, I hate my fringe so much.

Nothing eventful happened on the flight back. Just getting ready to get back into the grind. *sigh*

No comments: