Tuesday, February 06, 2007

A Nice Way to Start the Day

It's difficult to not be anti-London, especially in the Winter. It's grey and dreary. The weather puts everyone in the already shitted-off population in a worse mood. I'm not saying home is all sunshine but I swear I did not see a blue sky here until about three weeks after arriving. And it was really difficult to adjust to the darkness at 3.30pm, although it's getting better. I have self diagnosed myself a sufferer of Seasonal Affective Disorder.

But, in contrast to Kt's current weather conditions in New York, I'm glad to be in London. Freezing my face off in below zero air temperature is not my preferred way of living. Having temporary blindness due to my glasses fogging up when I go from outdoors to indoors is rather annoying. Kt may prefer the cold but gimme my 38 degree weather any day!!!

Upon leaving the apartment this morning, I was greeted by a clear blue sky and crisp, clean-as-it-can-get air :D The best morning yet (while wearing gloves and a scarf).

My day was ruined when I reached work and had to climb the broken escalator. GRRRRRRRRRRR. When I went home, I had to climb broken escalator at a different station. As Smee says, 'Nothing works in this expensive town'.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is honestly weird to read my name as Katie.

Still freezing here in NY! This weekend will be warm though...1 degree. Anything above 0 is warm to me these days!

mallymoodle said...

Hehehe, as they say in Paris (also kinda like London), Ça ne marche pas!

Pooey said...

mooey, i dont understand french. stupid mooey

mallymoodle said...

pooey it means *it doesnt work*