Sunday, February 25, 2007

JK's Farewell

Just as I've arrived, it's now time to say farewell to my Sydney compatriot JK and her boyfriend, BS. Even though we worked only metres apart, we hardly saw one another due to absurd lunch hours and infrequent breaks. So off I trotted to Clapham on Saturday night. I was kinda aware that there had been some teenage territory shootings near the area but I figure they'd never kill me.
A pit stop at Bao and Mona's place was necessary to see if either one were going to accompany me to drinks. The ever reliable Baoey stayed home with her microwaved sticky date pudding. I ate two of their sushi rolls (mmm Selfridges sashimi) and then forced Bao to pose.

Bao was meant to look unhappy but couldn't help being proud of her sushi babies.

Drinks were at a bar called Rinky Dink on a street which had a touch of Brunswick St to it and reminded me of a smaller version of Bimbo Deluxe. We were so amazed at how cheap the drinks were here - a round of 5 costing only £15!!!! Ok, that's still $37.50, but when you're used to paying £5 - £9 per drink, it's quite a saving.

What is wrong with my face?

More Sydneysiders, except for Mona. Stina the pumpkin eater! I hear murmurings of Stevie and P-sang making their way over soon.


JK and BS.... One final photo before heading off on a car tour around Europe and the the USA. Aaaaah the life...

I wish JK could've stuck around longer :( Another girl to the Friday Drinks club isn't a bad addition. Now it looks like I wont see her again for at least another year or so! Bai JK!

No comments: