Monday, November 07, 2011

Goodbye Aussie Burger

Whilst searching on FB for Hungry Jack's locations, I came across this group.  What the hell.  THE AUSSIE BURGER IS GONE?!?!?!?!?  After checking the Hungry Jack's menu online only to confirm the worst, I was so upset that I had to FB Moo the bad news.  The link on my last Hungry Jack's related post had also died.  I didn't want to believe it, but it's true.  I will no longer be able to eat an Aussie Burger again.  Crinkle cut beetroot and a microwave 'fried' egg will never adorn my burger once more.  Had I'd been aware of it's impending death I would have given it the good-bye it deserved and delivered a farewell chomp.  
It seems I'm not the only upset one.  There are several FB groups petitioning for the return of the Aussie Burger and many upset customers mourning it's removal on the Hungry Jack's FB wall.  

I might have to look at this in a positive light.  This might just be a personal message to me from the Hamburger God.  The McFeast and the Aussie Burger have both been removed.  They were my default orders at Macca's and HJ's respectively.  Maybe I should... stop... eating... burgers?!?!

R.I.P Aussie Burger, R.I.P.  I do hope to see you return temporarily for promotional periods.  

3 comments:

mallymoodle said...

This makes me sad.

It also makes me want to make an aussie burger...

mallymoodle said...

Also, keke on using FB to look for HJ locations

Spu said...

Grill'd Mighty Melbourne!