Thursday, November 24, 2011

The Bogan Burger

I'd never heard of the Bogan Burger until Tina mentioned it while eating at Abla's.  Served at the Napier Hotel, it comprises of a steak fillet, chicken schnitzel, potato cake, bacon, egg, pineapple, beetroot plus the usual trimmings of cheese, onion, lettuce, tomato.... why have I not heard about this burger!?!?!  On the side you're also given wedges and coleslaw.  You know, just in case you're still hungry.

Spuey said that he'd eaten it twice before and was prepared to join me on his third endeavour.  In preparation for the meal, I had only eaten salad all day and I was starving by the time I finished up work at 7.30pm.  I did contemplate sharing the burger with Spuey but hungry minds think alike and we ordered one each.  
Believe it or not, it was smaller than I expected but I checked and yep, all ingredients were included.  Although we didn't really get a schnitzel.  It was more like two chicken crispy strips.  All this for $19.  The classy toothpick umbrella is complimentary.  

Spu digs in.  

This is point where I surrendered.  I did pretty damn well.  The 'bun' is actually foccacia and not a burger bun.  

Spu nearly polished off the whole plate.  The only thing that stopped him was me telling him to stop and the fact that wedges aren't very nice cold.  

What can I say?  It's something I'll eat once and never again.  Weighing in at an estimated 7000 kilojoules, I'm ashamed and embarrassed of what I've devoured.  *hangs head*  The produce used in the burger is very much on a bogan basic level and I couldn't wipe from my mind images of bulk-buy packets of bargain steaks, giant bags of frozen potato cakes and sacks of frozen chicken strips.  It is what it is - a collection of a bogan's favourite foods altogether in a burger.

Eat it if you dare.  Starving for an entire day beforehand is suggested.  

1 comment:

mallymoodle said...

Hehehe, Spuey is a true Asian eater!

I should show this to Trung...