Monday, November 21, 2011

Student Eats

I had screwed myself over by failing to adhere to my intended study schedule for an upcoming exam.  Getting back into studying mode after an eight year hiatus was pretty EFFING difficult.  In the end, I pretty much ended up cramming out of sheer panic.  This behaviour was unheard of for me in undergraduate days when I was quite the study champ.  I've been so damn stressed that for the past three days I have been waking up with heart palpitations and had episodes of dry-retching.  Bloody hell, if I had to encounter this amount of stress on a regular basis, no doubt I would be lying in an early grave.  

Anyway with studying comes student food.  Having holed myself up in a Sydney hotel room for the past three days, apart from eating a wedding lunch, I've been making the most of the nearby food options in Chinatown.  
Daikichi Ramen.   It was average.  Reminded me of an instant noodle ramen I had, which for an instant noodle costing about $1 a packet was pretty good.

Chicken Teriyaki Don from Kura.   Very much a uni student's paradise.  So far, so not a very nutritious trip. 

Having been disappointed by Daikichi, I went to Menya.  Even though Menya has slipped down my rankings after being spoilt in NYC, they still serve up a decent bowl with tasty stock.  I'm also happy to report the return of the hanjuku egg with a soft yolk :D  Maybe they've had a change in management.  

I'd like to say all that stressing and studying paid off but no, it kinda didn't.  I don't have my marks yet but the exam was full of stuff that wasn't covered in the lectures.  So unfair.  How dare they make me waste my energy.

So my post exam treat was a Korean ice cream.
No idea what it says but I liked the look of vanilla ice cream, honey and nuts for $2.   

Yah I liked this. 

No comments: