Sunday, October 02, 2011

Santa Maria del Sur

All that rope climbing and zipwire flying left Smee and I hungry, so what better to feed our muscles than a good lump of protein?  Smee had been wanting to try Argentine grill, Santa Maria del Sur for while but couldn't bear the thought of eating all that meat alone, so of course, I'm here to help.  
To share we had the Parrillada Deluxe (£27.50 pp) which includes a 14oz prime Argentine Sirloin steak, a 10oz grilled Argentine Fillet steak, two Argentine style pork sausages, morcilla and provolone cheese.  All served on a hot grill still being cooked by.. coals I think.  If your meat isn't cooked to your liking, just chuck it back on the grill :D  Don't let the cheese get burnt though.  

The meat was super succulent and the grilled cheese, well who doesn't appreciate the ooziness of grilled cheese?  Delish!  Mmm mmm mmm!!! 

Well we were definitely satisfied but I still had room for dessert.
I had the cheesecake de dulce de leche (£5, milk toffee cheesecake) while Smee had the flan casero con dulce de leche (£4.50 home made crème caramel with milk toffee).

Ok so the desserts were fairly so-so.  Smee's creme caramel was better than my cheesecake though.  I realise that I prefer my cheesecake more creamy than baked and dry.  

Santa Maria del Sur is a bit out of the way for us to get to but for a local, it's definitely worth a try.  Have a  bottle of red though - that'll help wash out the artery clogging effects.  

No comments: