Monday, June 27, 2011

Shocolate

I am still on a not-so-active-just-incidental search to find a macaron in Australia which can satiate my cravings for those found in Paris (or any place where I can get fresh Pierre Herme).   Shocolate might have a good shot.  They've won the award for Best Chocolate Macaron.  Just around the corner from Naked for Satan, I stopped after our lunch and bought a few to test the waters.  
A random selection. 

I made sure I bought prize winning Black and White macaron.  

Biting into the B&W chocolate and the salted caramel macarons.

What can I say?  I think I am destined to be disappointed by any macaron not made by Pierre Herme.  They've set the bar too high.  The shell was almost soggy.  What the hell.  It was like they'd been kept in the fridge and absorbed moisture.  The flavours were decent though but the texture kinda blergh.  I might try it again in the future - maybe today wasn't a good day in the patisserie.  

2 comments:

J said...

hmm. yeah that looks wrong!!!!!

Pooey said...

Yeah babe, I was pretty upset :(