Sunday, September 26, 2010

Busaba Eathai

Smee and I were just hanging out today and part of hanging out involves eating.  Why we settled on eating at Busaba Eathai I'm not sure but I think it was mainly due to proximity.  This is another Alan Yau contribution to the London food scene; this time Thai food.  I'm not sure if Mr. Yau has cut his ties to Busaba like how he did with Cha Cha Moon, but judging from the decent food Smee and I had today, my guess is that he hasn't.
My Guava Collins - guava, lime and coconut juice.  It was very nice and refreshing but it was served in the smallest glass ever.  All that shaking in a cocktail shaker and this is all you serve?  Don't call this drink a Collins unless you serve it in a Collins glass with the extra millilitres!  

Char-grillled duck, pandan chicken and pad see euw (I think).  All were quite nice and I especially liked the duck.  

So yes, despite the smallish drink, Busaba gets a tick from me (for now).  I'll pop by there again if I have a Thai food craving.

1 comment:

SuBoo said...

When I saw the title of this I thought hmmm why does that sound so familiar... and then I realised omg how did I forget it??? I looooved the food there!
Man I miss London sometimes :((