Monday, May 17, 2010

Educational Conference = Eating Time

So I'm back in Oz now and one of the reasons for my return was to attend a work-related conference.  I had a work conference but I'm posting about food.  Yes, this is what happens when I go to tax-deductible lectures.

I do like coffee but I'm not a regular drinker (diuresis people!) and St Ali's is meant to be one of the places that does them well.  I had one of their coffees, it tasted nice but I guess I can't really tell the difference between an average versus an exceptional cup of coffee.
Oh but here's my breakfast - sourdough (I think, I can't remember) with chorizo, spinach and a poached egg.  Stevie's corn fritters, poached egg and fried halloumi cheese.  Num nums! 

I never usually venture down South Melbourne way and let alone down an otherwise unremarkable alley in the inner burbs, but that's where you'll find St. Ali chock full of people.  If you're in the area, try it out.

We also munched on dinner at Portello Rosso, a tapas bar.  I forgot to take photos but the food ....well, it was yummy of course.  There was a pork belly roast on special and it was just so delish, with the crackling (sinful!) cooked to the point of candied.  We were left a little disappointed by dessert and in the end we actually under-ordered and needed to supplement our hunger three hours later at Supper Inn.  I'd definitely try it again but this time give the banquet menu a crack.

My Sydneysider friends wanted to check out Cumulus Inc and I was more than happy to return to lamb shoulder heaven.  Just to prove how popular this dish is, several of the surrounding tables also ordered one.
Yay, a decent photo this time.  Mmm sweet, tender lamb.  *pat pat*

Yeah, believe me.  We didn't skip any lectures.

1 comment:

Spu said...

hehe pat pat the lamb