Saturday, May 08, 2010

Elephant Parade

On one of my daily outings, I noticed brightly decorated baby elephants had appeared all over central London.  Over the previous week, Smee and I tried to photograph each one we ran into.  Super-cool and super-cute!  They're part of the Elephant Parade campaign and will be auctioned off to raise money towards the conservation of the Asian elephant.  I wish I could buy one, but I don't think I have enough munny :(
Elephants seen near Carnaby Street, New Bond Street and Covent Garden. 

Spotty elephant bum.

More elephants around Covent Garden and Leicester Square. 

Tiger elephant in Chinatown and Stripey Elephant in Covent Garden. 

A stark white and a grey elephant in the middle of being delivered to my doorstep at St. Paul's.  The following day, people had drawn on the white one!  I'm not sure it was meant to be for graffiti :(

For more elephants (I wish I ran into these!) you can see some here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the elephants are so cute.

fen-fen