Saturday, March 27, 2010

Jersey Boys - For the Third Time.

Could I really come back to Oz and not watch Jersey Boys?  Nah, no freaking way.  I had to watch it again, even if it would be for the third time! This time the parentals, Spu and Moo tagged along.

Ma didn't quite understand the 'Joisey' accent or the jokes (aww Ma, you so cute!) but we all enjoyed the matinee.  We had the understudy for Frankie but only realised so halfway through the performance. The songs were rocking (it's not daggy!) and the middle-aged crowd (plus Moo and I) were dancing in our seats.  Yeah, Spu laffed at us.
I couldn't help but draw comparisons to the London show and while it was practically identical (even right down the actors who played Bob Gaudio), I felt that there was less choreography in the Australian show?!  I swear there was more dancing and hand-jiving on the London version.  Or maybe it was my imagination.

The Melbourne run ends mid year to move to Sydney.  Enjoy it while it lasts peeps!

1 comment:

mallymoodle said...

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrryyyyy! Sherry baby! Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeryyy! Sherry baby!