Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Stupid, Addictive Pirate Game!

So Female Lymbo sends me a link to join her pirate crew on FB. I hate these kinds of requests because they're usually just useless, annoying applications. Mafia Wars, online Poker - go away!  Pirates is really no different.  I accepted anyway because 1. she needed to expand her crew, 2. she was bored and 3. she wouldn't normally send these types of requests so it must be something worthwhile.

I started 'playing' this game not knowing wtf I was doing.  I was clicking a few buttons here, doing a few pirate missions I guess, feeding my pirate pet whom I christened Harpie Ol' Baton (a seal pup with a wooden fin!  Kyoot!)  Two days on, I still didn't know wtf I was doing.  There aren't any moving graphics!!!  I was moving up in levels so I was doing something right.  It finally dawned on me that all this logging in and out of FB just to 'figure out' Pirates meant that I was addicted.  It sucked me in without me being aware!!  F*&^**%^*%^*

The worst part is that I'm now sneakily logging in while I'm at work so I can fight more pirates, bury my gold, feed my seal pup, acquire more property and build stuff on my island.  I don't have enough time as it is and it's eating into all the spare time that I have!

Admittedly, I do also find myself thinking in *pirate talk* when playing and have even let slip some pirate mutterings under my breath.  *Arrgh, thar she goes!  Burying me treasures arrr arrr*  Sad.  I need to stop this.

1 comment:

mallymoodle said...

Arrrr.....

Stupid addictive pirates game