Sunday, August 23, 2009

Baoey's Baby Shower

Well our dear Baoey has finally fulfilled her long life dream of being an incubator for human life. Yep, she's preggers.  Of course all this means to us non-pregnant folk is 'Baby Shower!'.  Hats off to Lil Miss J for organising everything and providing all the goodies for the day.  She and I did immensely enjoy watching watching America's Best Dance Crew while cutting out silhouettes of dummies, bibs, nappies and bottles.

Lunch was planned at Cafe Cibo in Mamas and Papas, seriously one of the nicest maternity and baby stores I've been in.  They have the coolest, most fashionable yummy mummy maternity clothes! The baby wear and toys aren't bad either.

We set up our table with all the goodies ready for the fellow potential incubators to enjoy.  The Cafe Cibo staff were thoughtful enough to also decorate our table with star confetti :D

The baby shower gifts, all ready for unwrapping.  Our shower goodies including cuticle softener, moisturisers and jelly lollies in a baby bottle of course!

Our session at the cafe included an afternoon tea complete with fruit skewers, mini cakes and other tidbits.

Mmmm... yummy.  I didn't have lunch but after eating all of this heavy food, I was pretty damn full. 

We also had some baby shower games planned, the first being 'Guess the size of Bao's bump'.  We each used a piece of string and estimated the circumference of the bump in question.  Then each had to perform a baby-related charade.  Fun!  Good that hardly anyone else was in the cafe too.

The next bit of fun involved 'the bump'..... yes a fake baby bump.  It is especially helpful for women buying maternity clothes but who aren't showing yet.  Wow, this store thinks of everything!

Unfortunately for me, the constraints of my dress didn't allow for the fake baby bump to advance very far up my abdomen and as result, the bump sat squarely on my crotch.  I only realised that now ummm and ummm I must apologise to J for wearing the bump after me!  The 'baby' looked much more like an out-of-control tumour on me.


Leesh and J doing a much better job with the bump.  Leesh with the horizontal stripes - good job!


More games ensued, one involving identifying the contents of 'dirty' nappies *thumbs up* and sampling baby food.  They do come up with the weirdest concoctions for food - vegetable lasagna?!


A fun afternoon out with all the girlies!  All the best to Baoey for the new bebe!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am also planning my friends baby shower at Cibo but unsure of the menu and other details. Could you please help me and let me know what menu did you pick and how much it was. Love your blog though. Can't wait to play the games too. Thanks.

Pooey said...

Ooh gosh, thanks for your comment. This baby shower was so long ago I don't remember the details of price! I think it was quite reasonable though and we had the afternoon tea menu rather than a la carte.

I would suggest contacting Cafe Cibo to ask them about menu options and let them know it's for a baby shower.

There are contact details on this link. http://www.mamasandpapas.com/stores/regent_street/babyshowers.php