Sunday, May 17, 2009

Race for Life

That time of the year has come around again when I commit myself to some charity runs. It is really the only way I can get out of the house and exercise. I can't believe this is the third time I've done the Regents Park Race for Life 5km run. Wow, time flies when you're getting old! Also joining was a sick Lil Miss J, J and K. Of course, all the men came along to support us and more importantly, carry our bags.

Lil Miss J and I participating in the group aerobics warm-up (right). The best bit was when we broke out in a Mel & Kim style dance. There is video evidence but it wont be posted (unless by popular demand!)

Like previous years, it ended up being quite sunny even though the morning had threatened rain. My training had only been so-so and yeah I could feel it while jogging. The good thing about having done the course previously, you know what was coming and it was easy to tell when the finish line was near. I couldn't foster up enough energy to sprint over the line so don't be fooled by the photo. Smee was shouting for me to pose for the camera but while I was looking for him I couldn't see or hear him above the other cheering

Despite the mediocre training I was pretty chuffed with the time I clocked in - 30 minutes flat. Yay!

Greeting me at the finish line was my little midget looking less midgety and even a little bored to have waited for me to run my course. Lil Miss J didn't care; she just wanted to snatch him from me! My next run - 10k in July!

*Edit: Due to popular demand! (ok, it was only SuBoo and J, of which J has seen it) I've posted up the video of Lil Miss J and I doing aerobics. You can clearly hear Kahoons saying "Pooey, this is not Loop" and then I re-create my proton gun move. The best compliment about this clip was from Kt who asked "Where did you guys learn to dance like that?" We didn't! We just broke out in dance!

8 comments:

J said...

Video please!!

SuBoo said...

Vid! And also the last paragraph makes it sound like you are a Mummy. A Yummy one obviously ;P

Pooey said...

Video posted due to popular demand! Yeah two ppl. Suboo, maybe I am a Yummy Mummy?

J said...

Lil j looks might uncomfortable being videoed..

SuBoo said...

hahahah this is the best things to wake up to!

Kate said...

I LOVE this clip. LOVE it.

mallymoodle said...

DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION!!!

Lil Miss J said...

Very embarrassing! Sorry to also crash your photo with the oh so cute baby! Soooo adorable!