Monday, May 04, 2009

The Wedding!

The lead up to The Wedding was about as anti-Bridezilla as you could get.

Wedding shoes? Err.. only purchased 7 days before the wedding.
Quartet? The original musicians never confirmed their commitment so a replacement quartet headed by Kt's sister T were confirmed 5 days before.
Music? Quartet, please play what you guys think sounds nice.
Singer? Please liaise with quartet and sing a hymn which you guys think is nice. Groom and Bride are not musically inclined.
Dance lessons? None - male Lymbo is fairly adept on the floor and decided he'll lead the female Lymbo. Any dance rehearsals together in the privacy of their own home? Of course not! Let's just wing it on the night.
Cheongsam for the tea ceromony? Bought 3 days before from a very rude woman.
Rehearsal? Priest couldn't make it. My partnered groomsman wasn't there.

But you know what? Without my such blogging, no one would have known! Everything worked out oh-so-fine!
Hai Moo, Hai Spu.

The wedding of the male and female Lymbo began for the female bridal party at 8am. I'm pretty sure the boys were still snuggled up in bed. By Asian Wedding standards, an 8am start is not bad. For my previous stint as a bridesmaid we were woken at the ungodly hour of 4am for a 9am tea ceremony.

There was a small kerfuffle when I arrived at Lymbo's house and realised I forgot the all-important strapless bra. I contemplated calling my Papa to bring it over but then instead borrowed Lymbo's car and drove myself home. Lucky we live only five minutes apart.

Beautifying had already begun with hair in rollers and make up on it's way. Our transformation from fugly to *rawr* was courtesy of Lil Miss J's make-up team. I do have to say, I was pretty happy that I 1. didn't look skanky, 2. I didn't turn out skank and 3. the make up wasn't skanky :D

We were all done and fairy-dusted by 12-ish in time for some lunch. At 1pm the photographer arrived for 'dressing the bride' shots. There wasn't much posing (which is a good thing), we just got on with dress Lymbo and the photographers snapped away. We were ready to leave with plenty of time to spare. Unfortunately the freeway wasn't on our side (there was an accident) and we had to detour.

It just so happened that the groomsmen caught up to our car close to the church. Unaware of that fact but needing a thirst quencher, our driver detoured to the closest petrol station. Of course, this was in the opposite direction of the church. A panicky mobile phone call from the groomsmen followed - "Where are you guys going!?!?"

Already running late, we moseyed on up to the church only to be asked to do another block because the groom wasn't there! The ceremony was meant to be at 3pm but I later heard that the groomsmen didn't leave home until 2.50pm! What the...

We opted not to do the one step-feet together walk because it took too long and we felt it would lessen our chances of pokkai-ing if we just walked normally. So of course I ran up the the aisle like a nutter. I got excited walking up because there were people in the pews I hadn't seen in ages! I nearly stopped on the way up the aisle to say HAI!
The krazy bridesmaid... oh wait, that's me. The not-krazy maid of honour. The bride and Daddy.

The vows had to be restarted after female Lymbo faltered with a 'err.... we do?' SO FARNIE! I met my partnered groomsman for the first time as we exited the church. 'Hello Groomsman, I'm Pooey!'. After the ceremony we tottered around the uni campus for the professional photos. We bumped into another wedding party with the UGLIEST bridesmaids dresses - they were army green. Bleah!
Posing with the peeps.

Time flew by and we had to make our way to the reception. People were already enjoying themselves, one even quoting 'Sorry I haven't been taking many photos, I've been having too much fun.'
The table setting.
Cakey.Wedding crashers enjoying the cakey. A photo of our bridemaidsy hair!

Speeches were given by all the relevant parties including yours truly and maid of honour. We opted to give our speech ahead of the groomsmen just so we could 'get it over and done with'. All I can say is, YAY for lame jokes and cheap laughs! I had prepared some audience members to 'laugh even if it's not funny' and 'fist pump even if you aren't enjoying our speech'.

Undoubtedly, the best bit of the night were the wedding games. Yes I was the instigator of such treachery. The pictures pretty much explain themselves.
Guess when the bride is kissing me? Or another male.

Guess who's bum is the belongs to the groom. Too many volunteers for that.

Move a golf ball through the grooms' pants. Yes.... savoury. We opted not to use a raw egg just in case there was an accident.

We partied long and hard until the ushering began. A few others moved the party on into a bar but I had a flight to catch in 14 hours. The reliable Spu carted me home.

To male and female Lymbo - a big fat congrats to you from your weeny bridesmaid and more so, I am honored to have been included as part of your wedding party and not just a mere sideliner who comes and eats your food! Yay to your marriage and enjoy the honeymoon!

1 comment:

mallymoodle said...

YAY! And congrats to Lymbo because I just realised I never wrote a post on their wedding! (Sorry)

Also, Wedding Crashers of the World Unite!!!