Friday, March 14, 2008

Home!

Yippee! It's been 15 months since I've been back home and yee-haw, was I looking forward to it! The recent Aussie heatwave was not a deterrent on any level. Nah-uh-uuuh. Over the period of June-August I was subjected to what they euphemistically term a 'British Summer'. Really they should have just called it 'Sprutumn' as all that seems to happen is Spring merges into Autumn. The only semblance of Summer was in the uncomfortably humid, body odour suffocation that is the Tube. Definitely not one of your 'glorious Summer days'.

Finally seeing the Australian soil was yipee-fying, although it was a little sad to see how dry it was, especially as I'd gotten used to the green British Isles. Waiting for the plane to land felt like an eternity because I could not wait to experience the 38 degrees - woo hoo! Enough of the ersatz Summer.

Spuey picked me up (hai Spu!) and I refused to allow the car's air conditioning be switched on, preferring to bask in the warmth. After about 15 minutes in the car, the warmth turned to scorching and I succumbed to the wonders of modern climate control. Here's to unseasonbly warm weather!

Oh no, I've become British. All I do is talk about the weather.

No comments: