Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Meme's Post Hens Night

A subdued post-wedding Hens Night was held for Meme at yours truly's house and in the spirit of re-living my uni years, it was complete with sleeping parents in the next room. All the girlies, re-united in one city again after about 3 years!

27 Dresses
was the movie of choice and fulfilled the criteria - chick flick, chick flick girl of the moment - Katherine Heigl, weddings, bridesmaids dresses, predictable storyline. I'm not about to write a movie critique (I'll leave that to Moo) but I dunno, are chick flicks getting more blah? Or is it just me? Don't get me wrong, I didn't HATE it as much as I detested the painful-wanna-punch-my-eyes-out-cringe-fest that was P.S I love you - never read the book, but I'm convinced it would've been better - but it was just..... blah.

I'm definitely not a chick-flick hater; I liked Ghost, The Notebook, Notting Hill, Love Actually and I can't wait for the Sex and the City movie *glee* but there was nothing notable in this film. Not even the display of dresses managed to elicit anything beyond mild interest
*shock horror!*

Nevertheless, it was cosy way to spend the night with the girlies, celebrating our transition into Grandma Gossip Club - chit-chat included of course!

1 comment:

Hens Night said...

this is the nice post and i like this post if you are show for Hen Party and Hen Ideas in UK, with Hens Night. You can book your Hen Party online with us and enjoy your Hen Weekend in various cities of UK.