Friday, March 21, 2008

A Night out on the Town

Tonight was Good Friday and while we were all aware that the city would be a ghost-town, we were equally convinced that there would be a few bars open. Drinkies - yay! The lack of the usual Friday night post work drinkers meant that we could monopolise the bartender and seating areas.

Knowing Melbourne and it's ever-changing bar scene, it wasn't too surprising to hear about the new bars that had popped up in our absence. We visited The Red Hummingbird, Eurotrash and New Gold Mountain. Yeah yeah, some of these bars are not all that new but I hadn't been to any of them before!

Some of the folks of the night.


Lymbo and I at Red Hummingbird. Me hating my new fringe very much.

No drinkies night could be complete without something exceptional happening and that exceptional moment involved me tripping in my heels on the section of the footpath which merges onto the road. I rolled my ankle and while it felt so-so during the night, by the time I got home, Mooey had to impersonate a crutch.

Ho-hum. This might affect my presence at BLVD tomorrow night which we've been anticipating for months!
But... but... I can't dance while limping!

No comments: