Saturday, September 29, 2007

I *heart* Dishwashing

I'm going to blow my own trumpet here. I (unabashedly) pride myself on being an excellent dishwasher. I won't claim to be the fastest. I am of the school of believers who do not always believe that a positive correlation exists between quality and speed.

I had heard about this infamous pot at the Old Kent Road Party House. I had heard that it impaired their ability to cook a meal as they no longer possessed a pot of decent size. I had heard that it made the Empress and Jadey-babes very stressed. I had heard that the pot had been soaked to it's death. I heard that there were some attempts to clean it.

This is where I came to the rescue. I elected to take up the challenge to clean the charcoal-crusted pot.

Mally brought the pot home to me after visiting the Party House. Not knowing what was inside the bag, I gave a little chuckle as soon as I opened it.
THIS POT WAS UNBELIEVEABLE!

Someone had tried to clean it. The black burnt bits varied in thickness, some areas close to 1cm thick. I was not deterred.

I had forgotten to take a photo but luckily Mooey took one on her phone.

Last night we went out for drinks as this was Mooey's final Friday before returning home. We got home fairly late and I only felt the desire to start washing the pot at about 1am. I wasn't drunk - just wasn't sleepy yet.

Patience was the key to this game and I have to say, I outwitted the pot!! Is half an hour too long to spend cleaning a pot? It didn't feel long. Regardless, here is the fruit of my labour.

Ta-daaaah!!! Mission accomplished.
I do need a new scourer though.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Oh babe!!!! I love you! Thank you so much! New scourer coming your way :)

SuBoo said...

Holy crap - this is the infamous pot with the burst risotto was it??? hahahhaha well done!! *hi-5*

w00t!!!

SuBoo said...

errrr burst = burnt with a bad typo...