Friday, December 10, 2010

Things You Eat When You're Alone Part IX

Ok, this post is a not depressing like the other ones in the series.  Trust me, I don't always eat crap.  I just like posting when I do eat crap.  I did not feel like cooking-for-one this being a Friday night so I asked Smee for takeaway suggestions and he told me to treat myself to Sushi Train.

Sushi train is the perfect lonely-person food as the equalising seating arrangement makes it ok to intrude on your neighbour's personal space.  I thought about sitting at the bar but given that Sushi Train is only downstairs from me (yay!), I had take-out so I could dine in front of the TV.

I'm anti eating out of a box, so I took all my sushi out and made myself a nice platter.
Lemme name all the fishies starting at 12 o'clock.  Salmon and tuna sashimi, mackerel nigiri, squid nigiri, octopus nigiri, grilled salmon rolls, kingfish nigiri, sea urchin ships and in the middle of it all, surf clam nigiri.  Num nums.  

In this instance, I made an exception for eating out of a takeaway container.
All the sauce sat near the bottom! Takoyaki balls.  One of my many weaknesses.  

I also had miso soup on the side and a Japanese caramel custard for dessert.  I am very full.  And very happy! :D

1 comment:

mallymoodle said...

I want takoyaki :(

*eats another lebkuchen*