Saturday, December 12, 2009

Cairns

Prior to moving to London, Cairns was on my places-to-visit-but-use-work-to-pay-for-it list.  I didn’t manage to cross it off when I was working for the Big Evil but now, I’ve managed to find my way and here I am in tropical Queensland.  Mmmm… humidity… so good for the eczema prone skin.  I’ve finally looked properly at the map and have just realised ‘Hey!  I’m really far up north!’  I’ve been provided a car for my travels and while that might seem extravagant, public transport doesn’t really exist here and nothing could be more painful than waiting in the heat for a bus to arrive. 

Me and me Holden, mate.  Actually, it’s quite a nice drive and a pretty ice-blue colour too!

I'm a bit annoyed with the accommodation I've been provided for my stay in Cairns.  Sure, it has it's own pool and is a short walk to the beach - don't be stupid, I still drive to the beach.  I have a car to get around, so what's to complain?  Well, this place has no accessible internet.  I could go to any telco and purchase my own personal wireless account but why the fark should I  have to do that?  For times like these when I'm traveling for work, all I ask for is dial-up internet.  That's right.  Dial-up internet.  But....I don't even have a phone line in this stupid apartment!  So, for the rest of December I'm dependent on internet cafes.  *grunt* I hate internet cafes.

Now…. I’m off to the beach!  Not to tan but to exfoliate my feet and then sit in the shade and read trashy mags :D

1 comment:

mallymoodle said...

Hahahaha, look at Pooey with her sik Holden wheels.

*grunt*