Sunday, October 04, 2009

Flavour of the month

I do love M&S and the seasonal foods they offer.  Today Smee and I came across their 'apple juice spiced with vanilla, cinnamon and clove'.  Mmmmmm I put carton immediately into our basket.

It tastes exactly like liquid apple pie!!!  Yep, it's like an apple juice/zubrowska mix but non alchoholic!!

It certainly is getting us in gear for the upcoming Winter and Christmas season and after drinking it, I also had the urge to mix it with warm red wine in a silly attempt to make a weird-ass mulled wine.  (Yes, I know mulled wine is more citrusy and not apple-y).  Hmmm, I do wonder what the juice would taste like with a dollop of ice cream in it, like a juicy, non-carbonated, apple-pie version of an ice-cream spider, but the more I think about that, the more disgusting it seems.

6 comments:

mallymoodle said...

Sounds tasty!
Bring me some?!

J said...

Maybe if you mixed if you mixed it with soda water, added more sugar, froze and turned in to a slushy then topped with icecream???

Pooey said...

J - too much effort.. puh-lease..

Lil Miss J said...

Oooh that does sound nice! Apple pie in a juice!

Unknown said...

oh goddamn it!!!! why can't aus have these things...I hate you australia! even though you are awesome.

GRRRR....

Pooey said...

yes even though im not a fan of frozen foods, im gonna miss the ready-made stuff from my local M&S!