Saturday, October 17, 2009

Getting ahead of myself

As if I don't already have enough time consuming activities, I couldn't resist buying Cath Kidston's latest offering Sew!  Hey, it was only £9 (RRP £15) on Amazon!!

When was the last time I used a sewing machine?  Oh about 5 years ago when I went through an underwear making phase and Lil Miss J, Meme and I had grand ideas about establishing an underwear brand.  The bra I made actually fit me!

Ms. Kidston's prints are divine and sometimes I daydream about going into her shop to buy reams and reams of her fabric.  I dunno wtf for given that I DON'T HAVE A SEWING MACHINE in London but alas that is a small technicality.  For the seasoned seamstress the patterns and techniques are probably a little basic but hey I'm far from seasoned.  The best bit about the book is that it comes with pre-cut fabric for you to make the bag featured on the front cover. *gasp!!*

For now, I think this book will sit cosily on my bookshelf ready for the day I can devote some time to indulge in my hobbies. *dreamy face*

1 comment:

SuBoo said...

Hey! I just bought this on Friday! I also bought 'Make' on a whim but I suspect I will return it - it doesn't seem that great (or maybe it just has less sewing bits)
I did think of you when I got it though - hehehe