Sunday, July 06, 2008

British 10k Run

The last minute withdrawal of a few friends from the British 10K Run meant that I was... well, running 10 kilometres. Not cos I was dying to do so, but Jade wasn't available as the volunteer replacement. I was more than happy for her to do the run. But given that no one else was keen on replacing the replacment, I thought why not? Might as well step it up from the usual 5k runs I was doing.

The run goes past the typical London landmarks and despite it being high summer, I was pummeled by rain for the first 20 minutes of running. Then the road was wet for the rest of the time..... err... yay? Given my lacklustre training schedule, my aim of the day was to just not walk any of it. I achieved that goal, although my 'running' speed was probably just as fast as walking. I managed to finish it in about 70 minutes (not sure of the exact time), so I'm pretty happy with that.

Lil Miss J, our one and only spectator didn't manage any photos (she couldn't find us!) but this photo is as good as it gets.

The reward for finishing was this cyber-certificate.

Oh wow - this cyber certificate is enough incentive to do the run again next year! Btw, that is sarcasm. But seriously, yep, I think I'll do this run again next year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey cool photo!!! x j