Friday, April 27, 2012

La Petite Creperie

After filling up at Laksa Bar, I wanted dessert.  While wandering around last week, I noted a new, cute creperie had taken up residence in an old roadside news stand in the CBD and made a mental note to see if it would evoke memories of Paris.  Walking off a bit of our laksa, we headed a few blocks down to La Petite Creperie.
Cute!  It a mini French kitchen!  The staff even had French accents.  Not fake either.

I really wanted the homemade salted caramel crepe ($5) but they had  run out of salted caramel :(  I settled for the chesnut puree ($5) and Spu had one of the jam ones.  

The crepe was busting with warmth and I had to wait a bit before tucking in.  The chesnut puree tasted like red bean and overall I was a happy little mademoiselle.  Yes, there is a touch of Paris on the Melbourne streets.  My main gripe would be that they is that they don't offer any savoury crepes.  Don't underestimate the power of a ham and cheese crepe, my friends!

I'll be back.  I need to eat that salted caramel crepe once and for all! 

No comments: