Tuesday, February 01, 2011

GÜ Puddings

I thought I'd seen Gü puddings in Australia before I left for London back in 2006.  I definitely saw them in most Waitrose, Tesco, Sainsburys and other supermarkets while I was living in the UK but it was only upon seeing Gü today in Woolies that I'm doubting my memory.  Hmmmm.....

I've eaten some of their puddings before but that was ages ago, so I treated myself today with the 'healthy' fruit option of key lime pies.
It's all a bit fancy for packaged desserts (but I like it fancy) and these pies 'throw caution to the wind'.

Some Gü puddings are served in reusable (but not baking proof) ramekins.  Handy!  I shall find a use for them while I'm in Rad-City.  Like Häagen-Dazs, Gü has no true claim to being a German/Scandinavian product.  Those umlauts are fake!
Each ramekin is covered with a foil seal.  I do like how the umlauts and the 'u' make a smiley face though.  It says 'Eat and enjoy me!'  Peeling away the seal - it looks edible enough.  My spoon doing it's job.  

The pies were nice enough.  It was really just a cheesecake.  Would I buy this particular Gü pudding again?  Very unlikely.  At $6 for the two 85g desserts and the fact that they are MADE in the UK (wtf, this cheesecake has travelled the globe!) kinda puts me off a little.  Though, I might just refresh myself with some their other products first.  I do remember the chocolate puddings being quite nice.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i had free gu when they did a launch in the UK. was pretty dense!!!! i only ate it because it was free. in effect, you're paying for a rameken you will never use again!!!!

Pooey said...

Yes, I think I will just eat them when I get to the UK.