Friday, February 04, 2011

Brandy Snaps

I remember when I ate my first Cookie Man Brandy Snap.  I can't pinpoint the exact date but it was significant enough for me to recall the event.  I was still a student and doing my thing at my part time job in Chatswood.  The boss asked one of us to buy her a bag of brandy snaps and then treated us to a few.  It was crispy, brandy-ish, anzac biscuit-tasting and yum!

That was about 7-8 years ago.  I haven't managed to eat anymore brandy snaps since then despite walking past many Cookie Man stores.  However, each time I did go past I would always think, 'I should get a bag of brandy snaps.'  That day has finally come and after eating a healthy grilled chicken salad tonight, I decided I needed a sugar fix and that Cookie Man was going to fix it.  (Actually I lie.  I went with the intention of buying more ice cream but then also made a detour to Cookie Man).

I got a bit carried away and decided to buy a bag of 10 and also a brandy snap cream.
Cream sandwiched between two brandy snaps, hence the name.  Original!  With the cream content in mind it was wise that I eat it first.  

So errrr.... after my first bite I realised the 'cream' was cupcake icing.  With eat bite, I felt myself inching towards diabetes.  On top of that, the brandy snap wasn't as nice as what I recall!  :(

I ate a plain brandy snap afterwards just in case the cupcake 'cream' ruined the biscuit.  It still didn't bring back a flood of good memories.  It wasn't bad, it just didn't make me want to buy another bag.  Maybe my tastebuds were burnt out with the sweet stuff overload.  Now I gotta eat the rest of the bag.  Let's see if they taste better tomorrow.

No comments: