Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Fireworks

Today was a public holiday - Australia Day to be precise.  I had assumed that I would be working but was genuinely surprised to be told that shopping centres would be shut in Adelaide.  Weally?  WEALLY?  The whole concept of shopping centres not opening on public holidays (bar Christmas, New Years and Good Friday) is a foreign concept to me. 

I was hoping that at least Rundle Mall and supermarkets would be open but ... no... the streets were deserted except for the occasional cafe.  I tell you what though, Adelaide Chinatown was pretty happening today! 

I'd been provided a most comfortable apartment which was prime location for fireworks viewing.  I was going to post up my 5 minute video but decided nah..... I'll just post two photos instead!

No comments: