Sunday, January 24, 2010

Adelaide

I've accepted a short term posting in Adelaide and had kinda forgotten how (relatively) quiet this city is.  Gosh, it felt smaller than ever before. Supermarkets shutting at 5pm on a Saturday!?!?!?  Wtf!? Shopping centres closed on a public holiday?!?!  Wtf!?!?  Me not working on a public holiday?!?  Wtf?!?!

Smee and I originally planned to go to the Barossa Valley yesterday afternoon but we realised that our late afternoon flight didn't really allow us enough time to drive there in time to sample the mmm mmmm wines available.  Not only that, Smee was feeling a bit sick too. 

Today we enjoyed the sun and had a wander around Glenelg beach.  
Smee washing his feet in the sand.

We decided to have dinner was on the eating strip that is Gouger Street.  Smee and I wandered up and down and considered each of the menus on offer.  We had a hankering for lobster noodles and popped into Star House which I must say impressed me with their sizeable servings and value for money. 
I've eaten lobster noodles in many places but both Smee and I dare say that this $168 lobster was the meatiest lobster we've ever eaten!  In fact, the serving was so large that we couldn't finish it!  Having the pippies on the side didn't help either.  Oh no!!  Seafood wastage!  But yes, Star House gets my thumbs up. 

I topped off the lobster with a weather appropriate guava gelati.  Mmm gorging on Gouger st.

3 comments:

mallymoodle said...

Oh noes! Not seafood wastage!!!

SuBoo said...

That restaurant looks familiar.

Anonymous said...

Geez.....just look at my cousin's face! resembles food :p

Fen-Fen