Saturday, July 18, 2009

Book Review: Brave New World

In my sorry attempt to read something more thought provoking, I chose the literary soon-to-be classic Brave New World by Aldous Huxley. Such a book can conjour up long-winded discussions and debate about ethics, the state of society and all that 'deep stuff'. Unfortunately, due to my lack of 'deep-ness', I got bored by chapter 2.  It probably didn't help that I had read the introduction consisting of 50 pages alone.  The book felt like a chore.  Actually to be fair - the introduction was the chore and this blog post can barely constitute a 'review'. 

I don't doubt it's probably a great book to analyse in the same way Bladerunner (the movie) was.  I'll have to get in the 'mood' for such reading later and re-do this review.

But for now.... hehehehe... I'm going to put Brave New World aside and start reading the more trifling The Time Traveler's Wife instead.  I want to finish the book before watching the movie which will be released in two months!

No comments: