Friday, January 02, 2009

Winter Wonderland

I totally adored the Christmas markets when I went to Berlin. (*sigh* Mike the Hottie) They were the most charming things ever. I felt like I was in a child's Christmas book. London has it's own version too, although they were set up as a imitation of those markets found on the Continent. Given that I did not get my fill of Christmas Markets and mulled wine last year (yes - that was only 3 days ago), I got my fix at Hyde Park.

They do state that these markets are 'German-style' and yep they got the little wooden stalls just right.


Hehehe... I couldn't resist taking a photo of this old dog wearing a pink Burberry scarf.


Sausages being cooked over hot coals. Mmmmm... the smell.


We never say no to a sausage.

We had no desire to ice-skate, sit on the ferris wheel or enjoy any of the children rides/games. It sure is a place to bring the kiddies. I couldn't find anyone who would let me rent a few kids for the day.

Afterwards we just walked around the West End and wandered down Carnaby St where I saw the cutest Frosty the Snowman decoration.

No comments: