Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I *heart* the Tower of London

As part of my daily commute, I get to pass over Tower Bridge. Sometimes I walk but most of the time it's a bus ride - too lazy and how can you resist the bus stop that is right on the doorstep? Tower Bridge is a lovely suspension bridge in itself but more importantly, it lends to one of the best views of the Tower of London.

I was never a fan of London from day one, but I'll admit it's growing on me and I do think it's pretty damn cool that there is a CASTLE right next to the financial district, sitting amongst the (short) skyscrapers. Wow!! A real castle! We'd never get one of those back home!

The view from Tower Bridge. Mmmm... trees obscuring the White Tower. I didn't have a better photo.

Kt and I will argue on the way to work about the merits of each landmark. She *hearts* Tower Bridge whereas as I stand my case with the Tower of London.
Yeah, yeah, yeah the bridge is a pretty pastel blue and it's two little turrets are fairytale-esque but c'mon......can a 114 year old bridge compare to the mystique of a 900+ year old castle?

Sure the castle is old and somewhat run down but.. but... it's a CASTLE!!! IN THE MIDDLE OF THE CITY!!!

2 comments:

mallymoodle said...

omg, pooey FINALLY updated her bloggy!

SuBoo said...

heeeeey... you're posting again!!!