Sunday, November 04, 2007

Blog Death

There was a short craze about 1 - 1.5 years ago which involved nearly everyone in the Circle setting up a blog. Little did they know how much work is actually involved. For slow witted folk like myself, writing an entry can be time consuming as I do not naturally suffer from verbal diarrhoea. (Hai Moo!) That being said, I do enjoy seeing the fruit of my labour, thus I am driven to complete and post blog entries.

But let's not diverge from what I really wanted to say. See all those blog links on the right hand side? Most of them are dead. I really should just clean up that section and discard the abandoned blogs. They are so unloved, unkempt but do deserve a dignified exit. I've taken it upon myself to be the Grim Reaper of Blogs but I'll stick to killing off only Circle member blogs for the time being.

Even though Mooey is not Circle, I will give her a Special Honour. Mooey started her blog in April 2005 and is still going strong - but then again, I did label it "Mally's Rambling Blog".

Let's get down to business:

Mona wins the prize for Poorest Effort. With just FOUR entries, it is more like a school essay rather than a blog. I will give him credit for his 5/10/2006 entry whereby Bao quoted "That's the most I've ever heard Mona speak!" Mona did have another blog but I deleted that link a long time ago.
Born: 05/10/2006
RIP: 07/12/2006
No of posts: 4

J was a bit late getting into gear but nosedived within a two month period.
Born: 24/10/2006
RIP: 11/12/2006

Baoey's blog started because she was inspired by everyone else. Unfortunately posting became less and less frequent due to laziness (by her own admission)
Born: 26/09/2006
RIP: 28/02/2007

Lymbo started her blog as a place to post up pretty things and to document her life in Canberra. Facebook seems to have taken over. The last post was quite depressing. But I do still click on your blog! Just in case you do post something!
Born: 11/10/2006
RIP: 10/07/2007

Lil Miss J and Mr. L technically don't have a blog, just a gallery. They didn't even give it a proper shot.
Born: 03/04/2007
RIP: 12/04/2007

Kt... aaah Kt. My blogging companion for while. Egging each other on to continually post. London has slowed her pace and she no longer feels she has an audience anymore *sniff* What more do you need? I'm your audience!
Born: 08/08/2006
RIP: 14/09/2007

Kahoons. One of the oldest blogs, Kahoons was notorious for long gaps between posts. I'm not sure about the RIP date.
Born: 02/02/2006
RIP: 02/10/2007????

Leesh's blog is far from death. Although the most recent post was at the end of October it doesn't warrant an RIP yet.
Born: 25/09/2006

Now, being the forgiving Grim Reaper that I am and also a believer of Zombies, any of these blogs can be resurrected at will! If not, I will have to lay them to rest for good :(

4 comments:

mallymoodle said...

Hai Pooey! I'm still blogging!!!
I actually considered writing about blog death a while ago then found other things to write about instead and just deleted them from my links column. Also, tell Kt I'm her audience cos I still check it hoping that it will be updated.

KH said...

I might blog again one fine day...

J said...

ohh i was going to blog.. in fact i was thinking of bloggin milaaano

Pooey said...

please do blog milano! bring it back from the dead!!