Thursday, June 17, 2010

Eating Random Stuff

When nothing is going on my blogging world, I tend to post random things I've eaten.  So here's a collection thus far:
Mango pudding for dessert at yum cha in.... Preston!  Wtf?!  Yeah, Gold Leaf Restaurant is quite decent!  You won't see the entrance on the street.  You have to enter up a flight of stairs into an ex-pool parlour (and probable ex-drug dealing lair). 

After yum cha, we went to Bread Top (also in Preston - wtf!?) and I picked a dessert for Moo's lamb roast dinner.  Despite being full, I also picked out a Banana In Pyjama cake for myself.  Mmm.. light sponge casing around a banana and cream... mmmmm

Back in the City of Rad (keep in mind, this is not the same day as the pudding and the banana!), I went to Bread Top and got myself a hot dog bun.  These hot dog buns are bad, bad, bad but they always look at me longingly whenever I walk past.  Sometimes, I just can't resist. 

Bread Top is conveniently located in Chinatown, where I also picked up some instant Ying Yong mix.  For similar products you can check out the Kampery website.  For those not in the know, Ying Yong is a coffee-milk tea mixture and Smee usually orders some for me when we eat in HK cafes.  I mean, I could just get the same effect by making some coffee and making some tea and then mixing it together with milk.  But what I've paid for is convenience! 

2 comments:

SuBoo said...

Gawd I love those hot dogs in the sweet bread..

Anonymous said...

it's crazy...so much food and so sinful !! like the heart-shaped mango pudding though :)

fen-fen