Friday, June 26, 2009

RIP Michael Jackson

I suppose I should put my two cents in along with the rest of the world.  It was about 11.30pm in London last night when I was reading a news website and saw that Michael Jackson had been rushed to hospital.  Then of course I tried to google for more articles and found stuff saying he was dead!  What... the....

Being in London, I had followed the hype over his upcoming concerts.  I had wanted to attend but knowing the demand (and the fact I was broke) I decided to not try so hard to buy tickets.  I wasn't surprised when they pushed back the date of the opening concert and I always had a feeling that these concerts would be jeopardised somehow........ but not because he would DIE!!!!!!!!

It's a bit hard to believe but at the same time his life was a bit.... all over the place.  Now I feel like I should go back and watch Thriller Live again because that's as close as I'll ever get to seeing MJ in concert. 

Despite all the weird going-ons with MJ, let's just celebrate the good stuff - his music.  I am proud to say I am the owner of his Off the Wall album.  I recall scouring various music stores in my early 20s (before the Ipod age) trying to find that particular CD.  Why did I want it so badly?  Because of this freaking awesome song!  (Sorry, I'm not allowed to embed the actual music video)
RIP Michael Jackson!  Your music legacy will live on!

1 comment:

mallymoodle said...

RIP Michael.

He looks so happy and healthy in the original clip :(