Saturday, August 18, 2007

Bak Kut Teh

This London "summer" is doing nothing for my desire to wear summery clothes, however it is making me content with sitting around home in my disgusting pjs. Cold(er) weather makes hot, soupy foods taste all the better and nothing goes down better on a cold day than Smee's Bak Kut Teh.

I'd never heard nor eaten Bak Kut Teh until about three/four years ago but it goes down a treat. It is a little herby/medicinal but nothing off-putting (for me anyway). I was a little tipsy after a quick pit stop for a drink with the girls and although I managed to prepare all the foods before Smee got home, he still complained I stunk of alcohol. Hee hee!
Here's Smee doing his duty. The street vendor/hawker stall blood just runs through his veins.

Mushies, porkies, garlic, goji berries, soy sauce and herbies.

In goes the tofu puffs and beancurd skin.


The finished product complete with coriander and straw mushrooms. I forgot to take a photo of butter/garlic rice and yau ja gwai which we dipped into the soup.

Mmmmmmmmmmm warming.

2 comments:

peishapan said...

YUMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm...your photos are making me hungry...

Unknown said...

oh yeh that is sooooo goood...hmmmmmmmm....good boyfriend! !!!

also you made your vietnamese rolls look so expert..i made my own first time a couple of weeks ago and they looked retarded!!!!